Almond Coconut Milk
Almond Coconut Milk, the best of both worlds. It is so hard to decide...Almond Milk or Coconut Milk so having them both together in one great carton is a dream come true.
I wish I had the time to make it myself all the time but Blue Diamond Almond Breeze makes a great one that is available at many national supermarkets. Also, a lot of the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf's offer this as an option to Soy and Cow's milk.
If you have the time, below is a great recipe to make your own Almond Coconut Milk which is even more delicious than store bought.
1 c. Raw Almonds
1 c. Unsweetened shredded coconut
6 c. water (2 c. of which are hot)
2 t. real vanilla extract (or real vanilla bean)
1. Soak 1 c. of almonds in water overnight (or 8 hours)
2. Heat 2 c. of water till hot (not boiling)
3. Put hot water and shredded coconut in blender (VitaMix works best)
4. Blend on high for several minutes until thick and creamy
5. Drain water off of almonds and put almonds in the blender
6. Add remaining 4 c. of water and the 4 dates
7. Blend again for several minutes until uniform and creamy
8. Optional: Strain out coconut and almond bits by using a mesh colander or nut milk bag.
9. Add in vanilla extract, stir
10. Serve or store in fridge. Drink within 3-4 days. Please note that the coconut "cream" may separate after being stored so simply shake or stir before serving.