Call me a weirdo but I actually love broccoli salad. I really love broccoli in general. When cooked it is like a delicious absorbent sponge that soaks up all the good sauce and flavors and when it is raw it is so crisp & crunchy. I made this broccoli salad for our concert in the park last week and it came together in no time. It would also be great for tailgate season and any potluck.
- 1 head of washed and chopped organic broccoli
- 1/3 c Primal Kitchen Foods avocado mayo
- 2 T red wine vinegar
- 1 T grainy Dijon mustard
- 1 T fresh chopped parsley
- 1 T fresh chopped mint
- 1/2 c thawed and drained organic roasted corn
- pink salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 c organic raisins
- 1/2 c sunflower seeds and/ or almond slices - I used both (you can wait to add until just before serving for extra crunch)
- 1 bunch of chopped organic scallions
Mix all ingredients together and store in fridge at least 30 minutes before serving.
** You can add some chopped crisp bacon and cheese if you really want to please those picky eaters that are scared of broccoli.