Want to Eliminate Heartburn?
APPLE CIDER VINEGAR. I must admit, I don't love the taste of it but I love the benefits!! If any of you out there suffer from heartburn or IBS this could very well be your cure!! Being 37 weeks pregnant, heartburn and I are all too familiar. I suffered from heartburn even before pregnant. At least a few times a week, after eating dinner, heartburn would strike. Add being pregnant to the mix and heart became an all day, everyday affair. Even alkaline water (pH 9.5) would give me heartburn! Bound determined to find a natural, safe, and healthy cure, I started to research and then perform my trial and experiment approach that I do with everything else. I had tried everything…alkaline diet, digestive enzymes (which are great but did not help with the heartburn), eating slower, avoiding tomato based sauces, spicy food, avoiding water while eating, moving after eating, sleeping with upper body elevated, the list goes on and on - you name it, I had tried it. After a lot of trial and error, I had read that heartburn can actually be caused by too little acid…wait, what!?! Sure enough…this was my problem!! As we age, it is very common for our digestion to slow and the body to produce less HCL (hydrochloric acid). Common side effects of low stomach acid are: heartburn, gas, bloating, food sensitivities, chronic fatigue, IBS, constipation, and even some autoimmune diseases. Good news, there is an easy fix – simply add apple cider vinegar to your diet.
Ways in which I work apple cider vinegar into my diet:
1. Apple Cider Tonic: (4-6 oz. of water, 2-3 tsp of apple cider vinegar, and 1-2 tsp honey, local is best), stir all together, hold nose, and chug!
2. Salad Dressing: Mix 1T apple cider vinegar with 1T EVOO with any herbs (fresh or dried oregano, basil, herb de Provence, etc.), Himalayan sea salt, and cracked pepper.
3. Deviled Eggs: (mix cooked yolk with apple cider vinegar, mustard, and vegan mayo or Greek yogurt)
4. Cole Slaw: Cabbage, carrots, shredded coconut, almond milk, EVOO, apple cider vinegar, vegan mayo or Greek yogurt)
5. Marinate meat: Add 1T to ¼ c apple cider vinegar to any marinade
Anytime heartburn starts to flare up, I instantly take the apple cider tonic and within minutes I have relief.
Good insight to low stomach acid: http://www.sott.net/…/265343-The-truth-about-stomach-acid-W…
Apple Cider Vinegar has also shown to have many other benefits – check out this link for a few.