Lentil Coconut Kale Soup
Lentil Coconut Kale Soup. Technically speaking I love all soup and with the nasty cold front that is covering most of the US what better way to stay warm than snuggling with loved ones and eating a big bowl of hot soup?!?
1/2 c chopped carrots
1/2 c chopped onions
1/2 c chopped celery
3 small to medium zucchini, chopped
3 potatoes chopped, any variety
1 t fresh grated ginger
2 T oil (coconut recommended)
1 T turmeric
2 t curry powder
2 c cooked lentils
1 c fresh chopped kale
4 c vegetable broth
1/4 c braggs amino acids
1 (15 oz) can of light coconut milk
1 c of fresh spinach leaves
1. Add carrots, celery, and onion to a large soup pot. Cook on medium heat until translucent about 5-7 minutes.
2. Add chopped zucchini and potatoes. Let cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add in freshly grated ginger, oil, turmeric, curry, and fresh cracked pepper to taste, stir.
4. Add in cooked lentils, kale, vegetable broth, and amino acids.
5. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 20 - 30 minutes.
6. Add in the coconut milk and spinach, stir until greens are wilted in and soup is thoroughly mixed. approx 10-15 minutes.
OPTIONAL: Garnish with juice of a lime wedge and shredded coconut (can even toast the coconut for a more flavorful effect) and a drizzle of Sriracha!!