Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
Who doesn't LOVE chocolate chip cookies?!? With my sweet little man not feeling well, I knew some healthified cookies would be an easy way to get some goodies down the hatch ;) Don't believe cookies can be healthy, well check out all of the amazing benefits next to each ingredient below. BOOM!
AND, when you have the work week looming over you, there is no better way to forget it all than recipe testing in the kitchen. What better way to start a week than cookie tasting?
One awesome thing about making Paleo anything is that it is actually very simple, with few ingredients and can be mixed with a fork - no mixer needed - SCORE! I know it can be intimidating to learn about new ingredients but most everything can be found on amazon and others I give you direct links or store info on where to find the goods. For example, you can click the button below to link to the Vital Proteins Collagen I use for everything! Really the only basics you need for any Paleo desert "base" is almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, coconut oil, and eggs. From there you can add in your choice of: choc chips, bananas, zucchini, carrots, nuts, coca powder, almond butter, etc. You can make it into pancakes, cookies, muffins, cake, etc. that easy!
For me, recipe testing starts with reviewing a barrage of recipes through recent clippings, cookbooks, Pintrest, and Insta. The main inspiration for the below recipe is from: http://myactiveroots.com/blog/2014/7/16/the-best-chocolate-chip-cookies-ive-ever-made?rq=chocolate%20chip%20cookies
I added collagen, stevia, an egg, and reduced the amount of honey. I also didn't have any vanilla and they still tasted yummy! Without further adieu...
Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 16-20 depending on size
Gluten free, Paleo, Dairy Free
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 8-10 minutes
Total Time: 18-20 minutes
- 1 1/4 c almond flour (good source of fiber, fat, protein, Vit E and Magnesium) (used blue diamond from Costco)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (good electrolyte booster)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda (makes them pretty)
- 2 scoops vital proteins collagen (protein and collagen, duh ;)) (click button below to buy the same brand I use)
- 1 packet of organic stevia ~ 1/8 tsp (natural sweetener with fiber)
- 1/4 c paleo dark chocolate chips (antioxidants)
- 1 large organic egg (healthy fats, minerals, and vitamins)
- 1/4 c room temp coconut oil, do not melt (healthy fats)
- 1 heaping tsp of raw local honey (helps alleviate allergies)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl with a fork, including the chocolate chip cookies.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and stir until mixed thoroughly.
- Use a small cookie scoop and align on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 5 minutes and rotate pan around in the oven.
- Bake for a final 3-5 minutes depending on how crispy you prefer.
- Let cool for 2-5 minutes.