Lower Stress & Anxiety with Magnesium
Did you know Magnesium is essential for over 300 chemical reactions that keep the body working properly? WOW! That is a lot of work!! Sadly, it is a common mineral deficiency for many Americans due to poor diet, filtered water which removes ground minerals, and over farmed soil. I take magnesium for many aliments but my favorite reason is to help control stress & anxiety. Sadly, stress & anxiety has come to be a way of life in the fast paced world we live in. We have heard and seen research linking stress to the start of many illnesses and diseases. I also use a Magnesium oil spray on any sore muscles, stiff neck, stomach cramps, and headaches. I simply spray 5 pumps to whatever area needs the extra TLC. I love Magnesium oil because it is quick and easy for the body to absorb and use.
Magnesium is essential for (to name a very few):
• Regulating blood pressure
• Keeping a consistent heart rhythm (lowering risk of stroke & heart attack)
• Maintaining strong bones (decrease risk of osteoporosis)
• Decreasing anxiety & stress
• Alleviate depression (avoid prescription medication - wahoo!!)
• Help body relax and recover faster
Signs of Magnesium deficiency:
• Muscle cramps
• Muscle twitches
• Restless legs
• Irregular Heartbeat
Natural food sources of magnesium include:
• Cacao Powder (My favorite source)
• Green, leafy vegetables, like spinach & broccoli
• Nuts (My fav, Brazil) & Seeds (My fav, pumkpin)
I also like Natural Calm which is a powder supplement that can quickly be mixed in water.
Alert...Science Insight Below, May Cause Drowsiness:
- Magnesium and Calcium need to be in balance.
- Calcium is needed to excite and activate the nerves.
- Magnesium is needed to calm and relax.
- Most people get an excess of Calcium causing an imbalance.
- Magnesium helps with the processing and metabolizing of Calcium and Vitamin D
- Too much Calcium without Magnesium can even cause kidney stones (excess of Calcium build up). OUCH! And even poor bone health and heart disease (through calsification (hardening) of the arteries).
**As with EVERYTHING, too much of a good thing does not equal better. Common side effects in the beginning are diarrhea and/or nausea; an overdose can even be fatal so start slow and follow the directions. It is always recommended to get blood work from your doctor to determine your levels before adding a supplement. Request your "Erythrocyte Magnesium" level.